Sexual Assault Lawyers
In the unfortunate situation that you are sexually assaulted, you have rights. First, the perpetrator will have to face criminal charges either by the State or Federal Prosecutor. Secondly, you have a right to file a lawsuit in civil court to seek compensation for the damage you suffered both physically and emotionally. Per se there is no cause of action called Sexual Assault, we do have many causes of action that cover it such as: assault, battery, false imprisonment, trespass and conversion. You will also be entitled to seek punitive damages which in essence punishes financially the person or company who caused or allowed this to happen.
You may be wondering:
- Who Can Help Me? A: We Can.
- How Quickly Can I Receive Help? A: Immediately. Call Us Now.
- How Can I Receive Medical Treatment? A: Immediately But Call Us To Explain.
- What Will It Cost To Hire A Lawyer? A: No Upfront Cost.
Step #1: Take Immediate Action
- Contact us, 24/7, for a free and confidential consultation guaranteed with the firm’s personal injury attorney.
- We guarantee that in your first consultation with the firm’s personal injury attorney we will explain the entire process of handling your sexual assault case and answer all of your questions.
- We offer consultations over the phone, in the firm’s office, at your house, hospital or any other place that is convenient.
STEP #2: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Immediately call the authorities to report the sexual assault.
- Take pictures of any visible injury such as bruising.
- Although painful, write down what happened in detail, including date, time and location.
- Even if you don’t have health insurance, you can still be treated by a qualified medical doctor through what’s called a “Letter of Protection”.
- Although the statute of limitations to file a lawsuit is two (2) years from the date of the accident, you can damage your claim by not immediately receiving medical treatment for your injury or having gaps in treatment.
- You do not pay any money upfront to retainer to us as your personal injury attorney. You only pay if you receive compensation at the time the case is settled.
- Once you complete medical treatment for your injuries, we value your case and submit a comprehensive pre-suit settlement demand or immediately file suit.
STEP #3: DAMAGES YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER
- Payment of Past and Present Medical Provider Bills & Costs
- Future Medical Care Treatment
- Past, Present and Future Loss Wages
- Property and Personal Damages
- Physical Pain & Suffering
- Emotional Pain & Suffering
- Punitive Damages
- Loss of Consortium
- And Other Damages as Allowed By the Law